Phillip Island Penguin and Wildlife Afternoon Tour
Tour Code - PIP001
View Dates and Pricing
See the smallest species of penguin at home on Phillip Island; cuddle a koala and feed an albino kangaroo at Maru Koala and Animal Park
- See the smallest species of penguin in their natural habitat on Phillip Island
- Opportunity to pat koalas and hand-feed an albino kangaroo at Maru Koala and Animal Park
- Learn about the Little Penguins and see their daily rituals
- Sneak a peek of other wildlife like koalas, fur seals and short-tailed shearwater
- Air-conditioned coach travel with return transfers from Federation Square
- Learn about the wildlife from a knowledgeable tour escort
Groupies descend upon Federation Square at 1pm for a 1.15pm departure aboard the air-conditioned coach for the journey to Phillip Island. En-route, guests visit Maru Koala and Animal Park for an up close and personal encounter with the furry kind. Pat a koala, hand-feed an albino kangaroo, have a chat with the parrots and take a stroll with the dingoes during the experience. Crossing the bridge at San Remo to reach the destination, guests may get a peek of a range of creatures in their natural habitat, including koalas, fur seals, short-tailed shearwater and Little Penguins. Visitors also catch sight of the Nobbies, named for their unique rock formations with a population of penguins and graceful sea birds.
Wildlife seekers take their position at sunset to watch wild Little Penguins come out from the sea to the sand dunes. Enhance your experience with a trip to the Phillip Island Visitor Information Centre for more information on the waddling friends of Phillip Island as well as the environmental conservation efforts to safeguard the area. The tour returns to Melbourne at approximately 10.30pm, as wildlife watchers head home to have sweet dreams about their encounter with the wild.