- Cosmos collects, holds and uses personal information in the following areas:
- Consumers (past and potential passengers);
- Business Relations**and
Consumer information is usually collected via promotions, competitions and consumer queries. Information may include:
your name, address, contact number(s) and email address information required to travel overseas, including passport and itinerary details information about your preference for products we offer a record of any queries you have made.
Purposes for collecting the information
Wherever possible, Cosmos collects this information directly from you. We use it for the following purposes:
• to contact you directly about Cosmos, its brands, special offers and other promotions
• to reward you for being a loyal Cosmos customer
• to inform you of Cosmos products, promotions or publications we think may interest you
• to approve transactions you wish to make
• to confirm your identity
• to provide you with products you have requested
• to follow up or pursue any queries you make
• to enable us to contact people nominated by you in case of emergency while you are participating in a Cosmos holiday
• to conduct consumer research.
How we manage personal information
In the case of promotions, competitions & other marketing activities for consumers – all entries become the property of Cosmos (and any third parties conducting joint promotions with Cosmos).
Cosmos supports permission-based marketing. Where consent exists, Cosmos may enter your details into a database for the purpose of contacting you directly about Cosmos, its brands, special offers, consumer research and other promotions.
You can advise us if you would prefer not to be directly contacted by us by contacting the Cosmos Privacy Officer. Contact details are outlined below under ‘Access and correction of details’.
Except where you are otherwise notified, Cosmos does not sell, rent or otherwise make available any personal information to third parties. Cosmos outsources certain business functions to other organisations. For this purpose, and only for the purpose of providing services to Cosmos, personal information may, as required, be transferred to or handled by:
• our related companies
• organisations which provide services to us, such as mailing houses, promotion and advertising agencies and consumer research agencies
• credit reference agencies or other credit providers
• Government or statutory authorities.
These organisations may directly contact you on behalf of Cosmos.